Legal Document Assistants


Sacramento | Placer | Yolo | Yuba


+Price List Below

All pricing below does not include mandatory court filing fees, which may be waived in certain financial circumstances. New Case Filing Fee: $435. Existing Case Fees: $60 Modification or Motion fee.  $20 Stipulation Fee. If applicable, Notary Fees: $15 per signature. All prices below include preparing legal documents, filing over the counter, and process serving.





A Paralegal is someone who works for and is supervised by an attorney. By law a paralegal cannot be contracted by someone other than an attorney, this includes the general public. The “Illegal Paralegal” is someone who is preparing documents for the general public and is not a Registered and Bonded Legal Document Assistant.

Legal Document Assistant (LDA)

A Legal Document Assistant (LDA)  is someone who can be contracted by the general public and consumers to prepare legal documents at the client’s direction. An LDA has special training and certifications, such as graduating from an accredited Legal Assisting Program. They are also required to maintain continuing education credits.

Differences and Similarities

Legal Document Assistants are professionals that are registered and bonded in the county they live in to prepare legal documents at the client’s direction. An LDA is able to prepare legal documents without the direct supervision of an attorney, unlike a Paralegal. However, neither an LDA or a Paralegal are attorneys and cannot represent you in court.

Uncontested Divorce

No Children / No Assets / No Debts

Default Divorce



No Hidden Fees!


Download, Complete, and Email Us The Contract For Services and Questionnaire. Click On The Fee Waiver Guidelines Form To Determine If You May Qualify For A Fee Waiver.

Divorce Filing w/ Motion or TO / EO

Divorce filing with Motion for Child Custody/ Visitation/ Child Support or Spousal Support, Temporary / Emergency Orders etc.


Child Custody - Child Support - Visitation

 Initial Filing or Modification


Modify Stipulation Agreement

Does Not Include Notary Fees.




Spousal or Child Support Garnishment.


Limited Conservatorship

A guardian or a protector is appointed by a judge to manage the financial affairs and/or daily life of another due to physical or mental limitations, or old age. A person under conservatorship is a “conservatee,” a term that can refer to an adult.


Uncontested Divorce w/ Assets, etc.

Uncontested Divorce with Assets, Debts, Support (Default Divorce)

Not Recommended with Real Property


Contested Divorce

Initial Filing with Children / Assets / Debts (With No Agreement / Default Divorce)


Family Law Motion or Modification

Child Support Arrears Motion with Interest Calculation, Spousal Support Motion, Child Support Motion, Child Custody Visitation Motion or Modification.


Spousal Support

Initial Filing or Modification


Domestic Violence Restraining Order

A domestic violence restraining order is a court order that helps protect people from abuse or threats of abuse from someone they have a close relationship with.  You can ask for a domestic violence restraining order if a person has abused (or threatened to abuse) you, and you have a close relationship with that person.



 Adoption is a process whereby a person assumes the parenting of another, usually a child, from that person’s biological or legal parent or parents, and, in so doing, permanently transfers all rights and responsibilities, along with filiation, from the biological parent or parents.


Uncontested Divorce w/ Agreement or MSA

With Assets / Property, Debts, Children, Support, Retirement. (Pricing depends on amount and complexity of issues.


Modification of Previously Filed Stipulation / MSA

Child Support, Spousal Support, Child Custody, or Visitation.


Income With Holding Orders

Child Support / Spousal Support


Guardianship of Minor

 A guardianship establishes a legal relationship between a child and an adult who isn’t the child’s parent, but it does not end the legal relationship between the child and the child’s biological parents.




What Is A Contested Divorce?

A Contested Divorce is a type of divorce in which neither spouse can come to an agreement, whether it’s about the divorce itself (second thoughts), division of assets, child support/custody, or even spousal support/alimony.

We help prepare the documents for your contested divorce and file them with your local court, or court of choosing.


What Is An Uncontested Divorce?

An Uncontested Divorce is a type of divorce in which the spouses agree on everything about the divorce, such as: division of assets, custody, alimony, etc.

We help prepare the documents for your uncontested divorce and file them with your local court, or court of choosing.


What Is Spousal Support? (Alimony)

Spousal Support is a series of payments made to a ex-spouse according to a separation agreement or divorce decree.

The reason for spousal support is to provide financial support for a spouse that has been financially dependent on the other for most of the marriage.


What Is Garnishment Of Wages? Why Might I Need It?

A Garnishment of wages is when a court orders a portion of the spouses earnings to be withheld from their employer to then pay back the debt they owe the opposite spouse.

If your spouse is not paying spousal support awarded to you, by the court, you may be able to garnish their wages.


What Is Child Support?

Child Support is an ongoing, periodic payment made by one spouse to the other for the financial benefit of the child following the end of a divorce. Child support can be a mutually agreed upon amount or it can be a specific amount that is demanded by the court.

You can visit California Department of Child Support Services website to utilize their Guideline Calculator to determine how much child support you should be paying: > Click Here – Calculator Child Support


Sole Custody vs. Joint Custody

Sole Custody is when one spouse has exclusive physical and legal custody of the shared spouses child. With Sole Custody the other spouse can not have any responsibility over the child.

Joint Custody is when an agreement for shared custody between spouses over said child has been made whether it be between spouses or court ordered. This agreement allows both parents to share custody and have time and legal responsibility over said child.



Request More Information